Update by user Jun 11, 2013

As of MONDAY JUNE 10th, 2013:

WINZIP did not respond in any way -

--No phone, No email, No anything.

--After two weeks trying with WINZIP via their only means of contact - EMAIL PORTAL, still no response.

--At last I threw myself on the mercy of Cleverbridge. These folks handle the sales and licensing of the product. It took several calls, but the kind folks at Cleverbridge filed a direct request through their WINZIP channel requesting either a bug fix or refund.

--Cleverbridge was able to negotiate a refund from Winzip.

I am very grateful for their assistance.

--I am still sad and a little depressed at what has happened to a once great company. This should have been a simple bug report/fix via talking to real humans at WINZIP. They would have sold product. I would have a product that worked. No such luck. Just dead e-space from the good folks at WINZIP.

Original review posted by user May 11, 2013

Did you know that WinZip refuses to provide telephone or chat support for its products? There one channel is an anonymous email account.

If there is a response it is dog slow and frequently unrelated to the issue reported.

-------------

My specific issue is with WinZip Driver Updater. This product has an easily repeatable problem that causes my fully licensed copy of WinZip Driver Update to revert to an "unlicensed, unregistered" version that won't function.

The issue has occurred 4 times; WinZip via email has been provided ample description of issue including how to replicate.

THIS 4th TIME THEY SIMPLY STOPPED RESPONDING; Nor can I get any response from CLEVERBRIDGE, the "broker" company selling WinZip Products.

WinZip Help Desk addressed the problem each time it occurred by generating another license key so I could re-register.

Since the problem is easily repeatable I asked (all via that one email channel) the ETA for fixing the larger issue. NO RESPONSE.

Now this 4th recurrence and the WinZip "Support" email channel simply won't respond.

My Recourse? There is no one to call. There is no way to escalate. I am at the mercy of WinZip "help desk". When I speak to Cleverbridge folks via phone (yes, these guys have phone support) they say if I don't like it I can get a refund.

OK. But I am not using WinZip products ever again and will ensure anyone within e-shot knows of the issues so they can make their own choices.

Pricing model: The bare bones product is about $85. Anyone wanting "free" upgrades, meaning changes to their current version must pay an additional roughly $25. Anyone asking for a DVD/CD must all pay about $22.

Since when do software product not come with automatic updates for the first twelve months?

Review about: Winzip Driver Updater.

Had an Experience with Winzip?

Comments

Cleverbridge has a support number and it's +1-866-522-6855

Service hours:

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (CST)

Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (CST))