Placitas, New Mexico

Nasty little thing wont uninstall.Had nothing but problems since I purchased.

Tried everything basic. Went to control panel, tried deleting, makes no sense to keep i ton my computer. Now since I cant uninstall wondering what information it is gathering. Keeps reinstalling itself.Which is annoying.

Definitely would appreciate some help. Dont even use it anymore. Sure wish I had done a feedback before purchasing. Highly recommend that others read here first, then make a decision.

Cant trust this company to do what I wanted to do. Nasty little sucker wont get off.

Anyone tell me how to get it off?

Reason of review: software refuses to uninstall.

I didn't like: Refuses to uninstall.

Had an Experience with Winzip?

Comments

Check your temp folders and see if they are full of random junk.If so, dump it all.

My computer was running very slow so I purchased a registry cleaner, Winzip. Seemed to work, things were better, however about two weeks later I got a notice that a Trojan had invaded. McAfee flagged it and Winzip did not, two days later I had a CTB-Locker a ransom virus. Every text, spreadsheet, database jpeg, and pdf was encrypted and held for ransom.

Demand was for $400 US in the form of a Bit-coin to unlock the files. Needless to say, I didn't have $400 to burn and there is no stopping extortionist once they get going. Took eight hours to clean the computer and every file and picture collected in the laptop for the last several years is gone. About 30% of the files had no backup.

Backup everything every day.I have no idea how this thing got in but feel very let down by both Winzip and McAfee

Houston, Texas, United States #909673

WinZip is likely in your startup menu.That means it is always running in the background which prevents deletion.

Go to your search bar in the main windows menu and type in system configuration. Select it from the menu that appears. Go to startup tab and search for any winzip program on the list and uncheck. Reboot and uninstall.

If that fails, right click on the menu bar and pull up task manager. Look for any processes that have winzip in the name and stop those.

Then try uninstalling again.Hope it helps.